Following our previous article on how to clear cookies on your iPhone device, this quick guide will show you how to clear and delete cookies from Android phones and mobile browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Samsung's official internet browser, and more . Deleting cookies easily from your mobile browser will help protect your online privacy and stop malicious third parties from tracking your movements online while using your Android phone.
If you've heard of cookies but aren't sure how they actually relate to the digital world. They are small pieces of code that load onto your Android phone when you visit websites and online stores. You cannot see the contents of these cookies, but your mobile operating system stores them in the code of your preferred Internet browser. Cookies may remain on your phone for a considerable amount of time unless you have set a regular cleaner in your browser settings. Sometimes browsers allow you to clear your cookies automatically at the end of each session, although most browsers require you to manually clear them from time to time.
Delete cookies from Android browser
Depending on the browser you prefer to surf the web, the way you clear cookies varies slightly. Here, we'll provide instructions for the most popular Android browsers that allow you to control your online privacy and delete third-party cookies.
Delete Chrome cookies
1. Open the Chrome browser on your Android device
2. Tap the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the screen
3. Select "Settings" at the bottom of the display menu
3. Select the "Privacy and Security" option located approximately in the middle of the screen
4. Select the "Clear Browsing Data" option at the top of the Privacy & Security menu
5. Select the area you want to clear from Browsing History Cookies and Site Data Cached Images and Files. If you just want to clear Cookies choose the middle option and take the other options. Or to completely clear your Internet browsing history, make sure all three options are checked, then press the blue "Clear Data" button in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Delete cookies from Android Firefox browser
1. Similar to deleting these files on other browsers, select the three vertical dots icon in the upper right corner of the screen
2. Select "Settings" at the bottom of the pop-up menu
3. Select "Delete browsing data"
4. Select the area you want to clean from your Android phone. Cookies are marked in the middle of the list. Uncheck any other areas you might not want to clear.
5. Press the Delete Browsing Data button to confirm your choice, and in the subsequent popup, press Delete to confirm.
Samsung Web Browser
1. Select the three horizontal bar icons in the lower right corner of the phone screen.
2. Click the Settings option in the pop-up menu
3. Select Privacy and Security Options
4. Click Delete Browsing Data under Your Personal Data
5. Select the area you want to clean from your Android phone and press the blue button to delete data. Confirm the removal process in the pop-up window that will appear.
To delete cookies on Android phones using other internet browsers, the process is the same as above. Find the main menu and look for settings, then go to the privacy and security area on your phone. Here you will most likely find the option to clear browsing data, where your cookies will be cleared. If you're still having trouble clearing cookies on your Android phone using a browser not listed here, please hop over to the official browser website, where you'll find instructions to guide you through the process in its support documentation.